Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Together Again for the First Time

Jeff Parker, Evan Shaner, Steve Rude “Future Quest, Vol 1” (DC Comics, 2017)


When I first heard about the Hanna-Barbera reboots, this book was the one that excited me.  I loved these shows when I was a kid. Throw them together, add some talent to make a cool story & I’m in!

Unfortunately I really don’t remember a great deal about any of these characters. And man, there are a ton of characters!

If ever there was a book that called out for some silver or bronze age blurbs explaining who everyone is, this is the book! I mean, I don’t know who they are and I watched the shows! So there is a huge amount of what is even going on?

On the positive side, the art looks fantastic. It is exactly how you would want the characters to look. There are minor updates to the old designs.

This might be best read with Wikipedia open so that you can research while you read. I for one certainly felt lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment