Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sky Was Yellow and the Sun Was Blue

Dan Jurgens, Tyler Kirkham, Patrick Zircher “Superman: Action Comics, Volume 1: Path of Doom” (DC Comics, 2017)


Guys! Superman’s Back!

I mean, Superman actually acts like Superman!

OK, he’s a Superman from some alternative dimension, and he’s married to Lois and they have a son. I know that some people are off right there. But if there was ever a superhero who felt natural being married & having a family, it is Superman.

Superman of New 52 universe (Super52) is dead. And so Superman shaves, puts on his costume, & goes to fight Lex Luther, who’s wearing his own “Superman” suit. In the midst of all this, Doomsday shows up, so now he’s got to fight Doomsday!

Look I hate Doomsday. And I’ve hated when the other Rebirth books bring out the primary antagonist for their arcs. (Lex Luther filling that slot here). But I found this to be a great traditional superhero book. There’s action, intriguing questions still unanswered. 

I loved it.

Yeah, I want to read more of this please.

No comments:

Post a Comment