Monday, February 27, 2017

Home is Where I Want to Be

Nnedi Okorafor “Binti Home” (Tor.com, 2017)


I haven’t read the original Binti novella.  I know, it’s only a novella, it’s cheap and I really should have made time for it.  But I haven’t.  I suck.

So anyway I was a bit disappointed to discover how much I was missing at the beginning of this novella.  Okorafor does not play catch up.  Jump in & swim people!

She’s a great writer, and I’ve been reading SF for decades, so I was able to pull it together. But I’m still sure that I missed out on some details.

In this story, Binti travels home and learns more about her heritage. It’s a wonderful unique world that Okorafor has created, traditional and futuristic all at the same time.

I loved it!

Now I need to go back and read the first novella.

No comments:

Post a Comment