Tuesday, January 21, 2014

In A Galaxy Far Far Away

Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman “Star Wars Legacy II Book I: Prisoner of the Floating World”  (Dark Horse Comics, 2013)


When I think back on what I originally loved about Star Wars, it’s all fairly simple:  rip roaring adventure, archetypical characters, cool effects.  What’s so difficult about that?  There’s no need for trade negotiations, adolescent love stories or overly convoluted explanations.

That’s what I love about this comic.  It’s a big ole adventure yarn set in the future of the movies.  A Jedi is ambushed by a Sith and taken prisoner.  A young junk dealer finds a lightsaber.  These are jumping off points for action adventure stories.  

Do you need to know any convoluted EU storylines to appreciate the story?  No.  I’m not a fan of the EU myself, & I enjoyed the hell out of this graphic novel.  Now I’m itching to read more in this universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment