Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Again I'm Glad I Didn't Deliver Papers

Brian K Vaugh & Cliff Chiang “Paper Girls, Vol. 1” (Image, 2016)


I can either jump right in & talk about everything or I can say a bunch of general things & try not to spoil the plot.  That’s what I’m going for, since I think that putting the plot together is a large part of the fun of this book.

It reminded me of so many stories from the 1980s.  There’s a small group of kids who enough a strange problem & have to solve it on their own.  

The year is 1988, it’s the morning after Halloween.  There are several girls out delivering papers on their bikes.  Things get weird.

This was a fun book.  I’d recommend it for anyone who likes old Speilberg movies, or the more modern pastiches of his work.  It’s fun, it’s weird.  Go for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment