Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Man of Wealth and Taste

Holly Black & Lee Garbett “Lucifer, Volume 2: Father Lucifer” (DC Comics, 2017)


This is the second volume of Black’s run on the title. For better or worse, it’s the first I’ve read of Lucifer since some time in the 90s.

This storyline is a sprawling story about court intrigue and politics in Hell. The Bad News is that there is zero help given for someone who isn’t up to speed on politics and characters in Hell. Black just goes with her story and leaves it up to the reader to catch up. The Good News is that her writing skills are good enough that I was able to follow along, even though I’m sure I missed out on subtleties.

With all that being said, this is was a solid Lucifer comic, & if you are looking for some Fallen Angel mythos stuff, I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment