Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mr Bond Wouldn't Stand a Chance

Matt Fraction, Michael Chabon, Fabio Moon, & Gabriel Ba, “Casanova: Acedia Volume 1” (Image, 2015)
Fraction’s interdimensional superspy is here on Earth – a version of OUR Earth.  He’s an amnesiac, working for another amnesiac superspy.  There’s some sort of occult group of assassins who are after one or both of them…. Hey what the hell is happening?  Cassanova Quinn doesn’t know, & neither do I.  From reading reviews, neither does anyone else.

This story is violent and sexy and weird.  It kept reminding me of Moorcock in ways I can’t quite put my finger on.  

There’s a running backup story written by Michael Chabon that’s really no clearer than what you’ve been reading by Fraction.

Somehow through the confusion I found all this to be quite compelling.  I want to know what’s going on. What’s happened & what is going to happen.  On that level, this is quite a success.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment