Thursday, May 4, 2017

Something Like a Bird within her Sang

Shawna Benson, Julie Benson, & Claire Roe “Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, volume 1: Who is Oracle?” (DC Comics, 2017)


And here we have talented creators run face first into the closed door of DC’s multiple partial reboots.

Babs says “I am Oracle!” Well, that means that she was Oracle who, you know ran the Birds of Prey & knew Black Canary and Huntress! Yet at the same time she doesn’t know Black Canary and Huntress! Ugg.

I try not to be a difficult fan boy.  But this was a continuity knot that my feeble mind could not unravel and I could not pass it up.

Otherwise, the art and the writing are pretty good. If you are a reader who has been enjoying Burnside-era Batgirl, then I would absolutely recommend that you check out this book.

Personally, I’m hoping that by volume 2 we can just start from the point of “they know each other” & go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment