Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Go Read This Book!

Ken Liu “The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories” (Saga Press, 2016)


Ken Liu is a hot writer these days.  He’s been racking up awards for his short stories.  He won a Hugo for translating The Three Body Problem.  He has released the first book in his epic fantasy series (The Grace of Kings).  And now he drops this collection of short stories.

I always feel like I’m breaking some kind of SFF rule when I say this, but I’m not really a big fan of short stories.  I grew up reading novels, & so I often feel like short stories are just somehow lacking. But I know that Liu has one of best reputations currently for the format, so I wanted to give them a try.

Wow.  I am so glad that I did.  I have NEVER read an anthology that I enjoyed so much.  Emotion, world building, these stories have it all!  And not a single clinker! This was so so good!

I just want everyone to read this collection.  Really.  You will not be wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment