Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kate met her Family. You Won't Believe What Happened Next.

Joe Keatinge & Leila Del Luca “Shutter Vol 3: Quo Vadis” (Image, 2016)


Somehow I seem to have missed volume 2 of this series.  So…. I have absolutely no idea what has happened since I last saw Kate Kristopher.  She’s on the run, there are new characters trying to kill and/or protect her….

This is just as crazy as the first volume, perhaps crazier because there are more layers of twists & turns.  When did you last see a robot alarm clock attack someone with a machete?  Yeah, me too.

The things I liked about the start of the story are still in play:  wildly inventive world building, breakneck plotting, and vibrant art. This is one of the Image titles that seems like it should get more buzz.  To me, it’s clearly something that people who like Saga should be reading. 

So start reading it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment