Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weekly Update Vol 1



If you haven’t figured it out, the past few months have been kicking my ass.  It turns out that having a newborn around sucks all the available time out of the world.  It seems that suddenly my free time is limited to under 15 minute increments.  Not to mention the fact that exhaustion is your new best friend.

So my blogging has fallen off, close to dead.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get back up & about sooner rather than later.  Inspired by Easy Ed over at No Depression, I’m starting to do a short weekly update.  It will be relatively unfocused, and hopefully it will allow me to get back in the habit of writing.

So where am I at this week?  

Excited about the return of fall TV.  The new season of Doctor Who has been phenomenal.  I’ve loved every episode so far, and I’m starting to wonder if this will be the best season since its revival. Peter Capaldi had me believing that he is the doctor after a single episode.  Sleepy Hollow and Agents of SHIELD are both back & doing what they do.  I probably enjoy both more than they deserve, but damn if I don’t have a good time watching them.  

On the music front, there seems to be so much good stuff released in the last couple of months.  I’m struggling to process it.  Great bluegrass from The Earls of Leicester, Rob McCoury & Roland White. More rock oriented releases from Ty Segall & Hiss Golden Messenger.  And I’m still processing some excellent releases from earlier in the summer.  And to think that soon I’ll have to start planning my Christmas CDs!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment