Saturday, October 20, 2018

There Is Power In The Union

Adam Rakunas “Windswept” (Angry Robot, 2015)

I read the second book in the series a few years ago (I’m sure the information is here, if anyone cares enough to look it up) and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun, unique story in a setting that others were not using at all. (I personally know of few big union SF books).

So now I finally went and read the first book in the series.

It’s been a couple of years, so my memory is admittedly hazy.  But this book feels damn similar to the sequel. Probably I should have liked this one so much more, but since I actually read it second, I found it to be a case of diminishing returns.

Yes, I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for the writer, because I think he will do good things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment